Mahila College, Chaibasa is the only female institution of West Singhbhum district in Jharkhand state. It was established on 02nd October, 1969. Soon after the establishment it was declared as deficit Grant College in 1970 by the state government. The college has been included in the list of University Grants commission, New Delhi Under section 2(f)/12(B) of the U.G.C. act. It has been converted into a constituent unit of Ranchi University in 1980; and at present it is a constituent unit of Kolhan University.
The College has a beautiful campus, scattered within the area of 16 acres of land in the heart of District town, Chaibasa.
It is about 60 K.M from Jamshedpur, district headquarter of East Singhbhum and about 140 k.m. from Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand. Beside Honors teaching, both in Arts and Science, the college also imparting teaching upto Post Graduate level in various popular subjects of Arts and Science faculties. The college is also providing Honours teaching in vocational subjects. The college has magnificent building with well equipped Laboratories, Library and 4 hostels for accommodation of students with proper security and guidance. Many girl from neighboring States (Orrisa, West Bengal, Bihar) come to avail the opportunity of higher studies in this college.
- To educate women to become highly motivated an effective professionals, leaders, and service-oriented citizens.
- To provide a vibrant and diverse residential learning community where highly talented women and those with uncommon potential from many cultural and religious backgrounds can grow both intellectually and personally.
- To ensure emancipation of women through quality education.
- To eradicate rural poverty with focus on women education.
- To Endeavour for effective channelization of the potentialities of human resources through optimal utilization of available resources.
- To inculcate the spirit of cooperation and healthy competition among the students.
- To channelize the energy of students towards creativity, team spirit and service with dedication, devotion and discipline.
- To assist in character building by propagating human and ethical values in the students.
"Transform the less privileged rural women into a Potential Human resource compatible to changing global socio-economic milieu through effective learning, teaching & extension."
"To create a student-focused learning environment where the humanities and natural and social sciences establish a broad base of inquiry, where disciplinary and independent studies provide learning depth, and where applied studies in both the general studies and majors’ curricula require students to link theoretical understanding with contemporary issues and challenges facing Asia and the world."
"To focus student learning on the acquisition of intellectual abilities, reflective personal growth, leadership abilities, and a service-oriented outlook."